PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Updated: June 27, 2018
Lingokids is founded on the principle of improving the world’s access to quality education and we are committed to providing an educational, entertaining, and safe service for kids, parents and teachers. We take your family’s privacy and safety very seriously. We are extremely sensitive to family and educator concerns about their and their children’s conduct, personal information and safety.
As a parent you are responsible for your and your child’s conduct during all Lingokids classes (“Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”, “Lingokids”). We require that all parents and their children adhere to our Parent Code of Conduct. By taking classes with us, you agree to follow the policies outlined below.
The Parent Code of Conduct serves to provide the expectations around the conduct of all parents and students during the Lingokids classes. The purpose of the Parent Code of Conduct is to:
- Create a safe and respectful learning environment for students, parents, and teachers
- Encourage high standards of behavior for all students and parents
- Provide a set of principles to guide parents in their interactions with their children and the teachers during the classes
- Due to the international team of teachers, students and parents who may adhere to different cultural norms, the Parent Code of Conduct has been created based on universally accepted standards of respect and tolerance. It does not cover every specific situation but provides guidelines for ethical behavior.
This code aims to clarify the types of behaviour that will not be tolerated and seeks parental agreement to these expectations. The code of conduct also sets out the actions the Company can take should this code be ignored or where breaches occur.
It is important for parents and carers to make sure anyone in charge of their children during the classes are aware of this policy.
We recognize there are different views on these issues, but these are the official policies of the Company, and we reserve the right to end your subscription and/or cancel your classes if your use of the Service is found to be in violation of the Parent Code of Conduct.
Thank you for abiding by this Code of Conduct. Together we create a positive and uplifting environment not only for the children but also parents and all who work at Lingokids.
It is important to show respect and courtesy to teachers, children, and fellow parents during the class. Our teachers are trained to act with equal respect.
We encourage the use of respectful language and the avoidance of rude or foul language. We discourage asking personal questions to the teachers that might put them in an uncomfortable position, as well as sharing personal information about yourself or your child outside of the limits of the class content and structure. Teachers may ask where you live or what your child did at school, and these questions are strictly embedded in the carefully designed and educational structure of the class. Use your parental common sense you protect your family’s privacy.
If you do not feel like a teacher has shown respect to you or your child, please email us at [email protected] as soon as possible, and we will take the necessary actions.
Communication with Teachers
We take our students’ and teachers’ privacy very seriously. For this reason, we do not allow any teacher-parent communication outside of the content of the class. The whole duration of the class will be entirely dedicated to your child's learning. For any questions about our method, your subscription, or your child's progress and general experience in Lingokids, please reach out to our education specialists at [email protected] We are here to help and to act as liaisons between your child's interests and our teachers.
We understand that language barriers may, on occasion, lead to moments of confusion and might be frustrating, but we ask that you are patient and sensitive towards the teachers and your own children. Our method is immersive and all classes will be conducted exclusively in English. Our teachers are not required to speak any other language than English to communicate with parents. If you need any help understanding our program, the class structure or anything related to your child’s experience at Lingokids, please email us at [email protected] and we will help you right away.
Behavior that will not be tolerated includes:
- Disruptive behavior which interferes or threatens to interfere with the class’ normal operation or activities. Examples of disruptive behavior include but are not limited to: Interrupting or trying to redirect the teacher from their teaching plan, screaming, leaving the camera’s visual field, covering the camera or turning off the audio.
- Nudity of any sort: We understand young children are unpredictable, but we do not tolerate full or partial nudity and its exposure during the class.
- Using offensive language or displaying temper directed towards the teacher, the parent or the student.
- Threatening in any way a teacher, student, fellow parent or child.
- Sending abusive or threatening emails or text/voicemail/phone messages or other written communications (including social media) to anyone within the Lingokids community.
- Defamatory, offensive or derogatory comments regarding Lingokids or any of the students/parents/staff/teachers at Lingokids on Facebook or other sites
- The use of physical, verbal or written aggression towards another adult (teacher or parent) or child. This includes physical punishment of your own child during the class.
- Smoking, taking illegal drugs or the consumption of alcohol during the class.
Please note that teachers are not obligated to teach:
- Students who go to the restroom and take their device with them
- Students who use hate speech, violence, threats, or profanity
- Multiple students in one class, unless it is specifically a group class
- A different student from the one scheduled participates in the lesson (e.g. a sibling using the wrong account)
- Parents or adults are present and participate to an inappropriate extent in the lesson or cause excessive disruptions during the class
- If the dangerous, inappropriate or distressing use of tools by the child or other persons present on screen (including but not restricted to: replica guns/weapons, knives, electrical appliances or otherwise);
- If there are acts of violence/excessive physical discipline against the child or other persons;
Recording of the Classes
We record each and every class participated in by both your child and a Lingokids Online Teacher, including the videos and voices of your child and Teacher and any other person present. The purpose of recording each Class is to manage the performance of our Online Teachers and ensure a safe environment for children!
The recorded videos will be kept strictly confidential and will be for our internal use only. We will not disclose the recorded videos to the public or share the recorded videos with any third parties without a parents’ express consent.
If you do not want your child's class to be recorded, please reach out to us at [email protected] You can ask us to delete all video recordings at any time. But please understand that the Lingokids safety and quality assurance guidelines require all classes to be recorded in order to be conducted. If you decide to opt out of the permission to record your child's classes, your teacher may end the class and your subscription to any Lingokids plan including classes will end effective immediately. Our goal is to ensure that your child has a class that is high quality and 100% safe.